Currently the club has over 40 members of all ages and occupations along with various levels of photographic skills. Their common desire is to meet with other photographers and to improve their photographic skills. Travel programs are interspersed with educational and hands-on programs. Members are encouraged to bring samples of their work to each meeting. Field trips, outings and picnics are held throughout the year. We also give back to the community by supporting charity raffles, 4H projects etc.
Please join us at one of our meetings. We meet on the 3rd Wednesday of the month for the months Sept. Oct. Nov. Jan. Feb. Mar. and April. In May we have our annual banquet at a local winery and in June we go on a club outing to Geneva on the Lake.
We meet at the (NEW LOCATION) Geneva City Hall Geneva, OH 44041
Here is a little history of the Geneva Camera Club..
The Geneva Camera Club held its first meeting on March 16, 1955.
The all male group held its first meetings on the second floor of a building on W. Main in downtown Geneva. Later the group met above the former Western Auto Store on S. Broadway. The owner of the store, Jack Rosebrugh was a club member. Another founding member was Paul Fleming who remained a member until his death in 1997. His wife Eloise is still a member. The first president was Roy C. Patterson. In the beginning the wives went to meetings to socialize with the other wives and to serve refreshments. Eventually, many of them also became photographers. Many of the members were school teachers who traveled in the summer and then presented slide programs featuring their trips at the meetings.