n GENEVA CAMERA CLUB
Print Show Rules
Any member who have paid dues by the September meeting will be eligible to enter prints in the show. Dues are $10 per person. Checks can be made out to the Geneva Camera Club and mailed to our treasurer, Jennifer Roland at 4044 Callendar Road, Rock Creek, OH 44084
Display of Prints
1. All prints must be at least 8 x 10
2. All prints are to be matted. Mat boards must be no smaller than 11x14 and no bigger than 16x20
3. All prints must be mounted on sturdy mat boards
4. No frames allowed
5. No watermark may show on your print
6. Print your name on the back of the photo
7. Adhere entry tag on the front upper right hand corner
8. All prints must be ready to display by the Friday before the Grape Jamboree
Pre-register of Prints
To register your prints, you must email a committee member Jen Roland. You will send them an email with the subject line-Geneva Print
Show. You will list all your prints by title and what category you want them in along with a phone number where you can be reached in case
there are any questions.
All prints are to be registered by noon on Wednesday (Sept 26th) three days prior to the Grape Jamboree
1. PICTORIAL (anything goes)
2. NATURE No hand of Man. (This means no fences, roads, domesticated animals or plants such as cats, dogs, roses,
marigolds, garden plants etc. Wild birds with neck or leg bands are acceptable)
3. CREATIVE Special effects, long exposures, dodging, burning, layering, excessive use of one tool and HDR
4. PEOPLE See below
5. ANIMALS See below
6. FLOWERS See below
7. BLACK & WHITE
9. ASHTABULA COUNTY
10. MINI 4x6 PRINTS (Matted 5x7)
NOTE--The main subject matter of the photos entered in the People, Animals and Flowers categories must be the main focal point of the photo, e.g. a scenic photo with a very small animal in it could NOT be entered in the Animal category.
*Do Not enter prints that won prizes in previous GCC Jamboree shows.
*Members can only enter up to 30 prints (3 in each category)
*If after the prints have been displayed and the committee members feel that the print is in the wrong category, they will contact the person to have them move it to the correct category. If the person is not present, the committee members will move the photo without the persons input.
Once again, we will be selling raffle tickets. The winner will receive a framed copy of the print of their choice from the display. This raffle helps pay for our room rental for the weekend, so please promote it when you are working the show. The chosen print will be duplicated to approximately 10X15, mounted, matted and framed to 16" X 20". Your original print will not be used. Therefore, if your photo is chosen by the winner we will need to borrow your slide, negative or digital file for duplication ASAP. If you do not want your print in this raffle, or you can't find your slide or negative or digital file, please indicate this on the entry tag under your title. (write "Not for Raffle")
1. Registration cut off-Wednesday before the Grape Jamboree
2. Set-up-Friday, the day before the Grape Jamboree at 6 PM (pizza and pop provided)
3. Show times are Saturday 10am - 6 pm Shifts are 9:30am -12pm, 12pm - 2pm, 2pm-4pm and 4pm - 6pm.
Sunday 12:30pm - 5:30pm. Shifts are 12pm - 3pm and 3pm - 5:30pm
4. Raffle winner drawn at 5:30pm Sunday
5. Tear down and pick up prints at 5:30pm Sunday
***** All members must work at least one shift Saturday or Sunday.
All members must help with set up on Friday and tear down on Sunday.