GENEVA CAMERA CLUB
Print Show Rules
Any member who have paid dues by the September meeting will be eligible to enter prints in the show. Dues are $10 per person. Checks can be made out to the Geneva Camera Club and mailed to our treasurer, Patty Schilling 4310 E Center Street Conneaut, OH 44030
Display of Prints
1. All prints must be at least 8 x 10
2. All prints are to be matted. Mat boards must be no smaller than 11x14 and no bigger than 16x20
3. All prints must be mounted on sturdy mat boards
4. No frames allowed
5. No watermark may show on your print
6. Print your name on the back of the photo
7. Adhere entry tag on the front upper right hand corner
8. All prints must be ready to display by the Friday before the Grape Jamboree
Pre-register of Prints
To register your prints, you must email a committee member Patty Schilling (Rogerpat@roadrunner.com). You will send them an email with the subject line-Geneva Print Show. You will list all your prints by title and what category you want them in along with a phone number where you can be reached in case there are any questions.
All prints are to be registered by noon on Wednesday (Sept 25th) three days prior to the Grape Jamboree
PRINT CATEGORIES NEW*
1. 100 LANDSCAPE* When you bring a viewer into a scene, giving them a sense of the world of what you saw.
2. 200 ARCHITECTURE* It is a form of photography that uses buildings and other structures as subjects.
3. 300 CREATIVE Photos using special lenses, filters, lighting conditions or other creative means and photos creatively edite
using digital imaging software.
4. 400 PEOPLE Candid or portrait, people being the main subject.
5. 500 ANIMALS Animals
6 . 600 FLOWERS Flowers
7. 700 BLACK & WHITE. Monochrome images, including single tone and sepia. Any image with spot color will be considered
color image and is not eligible for this category.
8. 800 STILL LIFE* Inanimate subject matter or a group of objects
9. 900 PRIDE OF ASHTABULA COUNTY* Let's show off our county!!
10 . 1000 POST CARD PRINTS 4x6 matted to a 5 x 7. Any subject.
****NEW ***** My Favorite Photo (People will vote for this)
NOTE--The main subject matter of the photos entered in the People, Animals and Flowers categories must be the main focal point of the photo, e.g. a scenic photo with a very small animal in it could NOT be entered in the Animal category.
*Do Not enter prints that won prizes in previous GCC Jamboree shows.
*Members can only enter up to 30 prints (3 in each category)
*If after the prints have been displayed and the committee members feel that the print is in the wrong category, they will contact the person to have them move it to the correct category. If the person is not present, the committee members will move the photo without the persons input.
Once again, we will be selling raffle tickets. The winner will receive a framed copy of the print of their choice from the display. The chosen print will be duplicated and mounted, matted and framed to the size of the print selected. It will be either an 11" x 14" or 16" X 20". Your original print will not be used. Therefore, if your photo is chosen by the winner we will need to borrow your slide, negative or digital file for duplication ASAP. If you do not want your print in this raffle, or you can't find your slide or negative or digital file, please indicate this on the entry tag under your title. (write "Not for Raffle")
1. Registration cut off-Wednesday before the Grape Jamboree
2. Set-up-Friday, the day before the Grape Jamboree at 6 PM (pizza and pop provided)
3. Show times are Saturday 10am - 6 pm Shifts are 9:30am -12pm, 12pm - 2pm, 2pm-4pm and 4pm - 6pm.
Sunday 12:30pm - 5:30pm. Shifts are 12pm - 3pm and 3pm - 5:30pm
4. Raffle winner drawn at 5:30pm Sunday
5. Tear down and pick up prints at 5:30pm Sunday
***** All members must work at least one shift Saturday or Sunday.
All members must help with set up on Friday and tear down on Sunday.